Constitution of the Northern Iowa Wishmakers
Section I. Northern Iowa Wishmakers
Section II. We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Section III. Leadership
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of Membership
- Vice President of Resource Development
No one member shall hold more than one office in a given term.
Section IV. Membership is open to any UNI student who displays a vested interest in the Make-A-Wish Foundation and commits at least twenty hours of service (including meetings) to the Northern Iowa Wishmakers each semester.
Section V. All Executive Board members must have been an active member of the Northern Iowa Wishmakers for at least on semester preceding their term. They will be elected to these positions by a member vote. No campaigning is allowed prior to the day of elections, when potential Executives are permitted two minutes to speak to the group followed by questions. Executives will be elected by a majority vote. The duties of Executive Board members are as follows:
President: Oversee chapter operations and Executive team
- Makes all final organizational decisions
- Communicates regularly with other officers
- Oversees general administrative functions
- Ensures that other officers are performing their assigned duties
- Hosts organizational meetings
- Communicates with faculty and service advisors
Executive Vice President: Administrative duties such as meeting minutes and maintain financial accounts.
- Manages organization finances
- Communicates financial information with both the organization president and the faculty advisor
- Takes attendance at all events
- Records and distributes minutes to membership
Vice President of Membership: Recruit all new members and monitor member service hours and attendance at Northern Iowa Wishmaker events
- Raises awareness of volunteer activities on campus
- Recruits and maintains volunteer involvement among all students (individuals, other organizations, the Commons, etc.)
- Records all volunteer contact information
Vice President of Events: Organize and implement all fundraising activities and events.
- Meets with committee leaders to formulate policy and subsequently reports results to the president
- Plans events with the guidance of the President
- Prepares budgets for events
Vice President of Communications: Implement any public relations strategies and communications to various publics.
- Responsible for coordinating both internal and external publicity efforts
- Organizes committee meetings to draft advertising campaigns
- Communicates committee decisions with the President
- Implements final advertising campaigns both on and off campus
- Raises awareness of volunteer activities on campus and off
Vice President of Chapter Relations-Cedar Valley Make-A-Wish: Be the key contact for the Cedar Valley Chapter of Make-A-Wish in order to facilitate a working relationship between the local, state and national organization.
On-Campus Advisor – Advise chapter on campus related resources and policies; assist in events initiated by Northern Iowa Wishmakers.
Off-Campus Advisor – Advise chapter on Make-A-Wish organizational resources and policies; assist in events initiated by Northern Iowa Wishmakers.
All Executive Board members are responsible for attending all meetings and events for the Northern Iowa Wishmakers.
Section VI. General Meeting Information
Time and location information
Meetings will occur on a bi-weekly basis
Committee meeting will be held on off-weeks
Meeting location will be on UNI’s campus and determined by Executive Board
Exact meetings dates will be determined during the academic semester
Procedure for calling special meetings
Email must be distributed to individuals expected to attend
Required notice of mandatory meetings
President must distribute an email detailing the date, time, and location of the meeting at least two weeks prior
Fliers may be posted advertising the meeting for recruitment purposes
Quorum: All Executive Board members and a minimum of 2/3 of membership
Parliamentary procedures will be followed
Order of Business
- Presidential introduction and description of upcoming meetings
- Special guest speaker if available
- Vice presidents discusses upcoming events
- Directors discuss their operations
- Open floor
Section VII. This constitution may be amended after two readings at general meetings and a majority vote. No changes will be officially made without a vote of membership. At least 2/3 of members must be present to vote.